Life is TOUGH!
But it’s so much more straight forward and manageable when all you have to do is FILL IN THE BLANKS … providing, of course, you have the proper “goods” available to do the filling-in.
I was chasing a “change of insurance” form across my desk for several days – because it wasn’t yet overdue – but it was a continuing annoyance to have to work around. So I just decided to pull the cord and fill it in. How tough could THAT be? It wasn’t! I did it. And life moved on with one less hassle.
The “Blanks” of highest denomination do not always automatically materialize and make themselves a nuisance moving across our radar waiting to be “Filled In”. Most generally, we have to CREATE the blanks we most want/need to have filled in, and then go get the “filler” and then do the “filling-in”.
OBLIGATORIES do make themselves known. But they don’t necessarily come with ready-made “blanks”. The “blanks” they have to fill come from our allotted time blocks, appearing and disappearing 24 hours at a time. So, we have to cannibalize “blanks” from our personal compendium of time blocks to serve this purpose.
So here’s the formulation:
- Make a LIST :: Need to do / Have to do / Want to do / Darn well BETTER do!
- Get “capacitized” for the DOING that needs DOING
- Find / Create / Steal a time slot in which to create an appropriate BLANK to be filled in
- Fill it in :: Contract out whatever element(s) require higher order capacity
NOTE: Every major project I do generally requires a new tool!
- The next blank in the DONE ledger will automatically fill itself in!
Along with Zig Ziglar, I’ll look forward to
“Seeing you at the top!”– Quartermaster