Doormat encountered in Sugarcreek, OH.
So, what in the world would a “Good Kind of Weird” look like?
I have a few suspicions:
- Does his/her homework … is basically a NERD!
- Has Boy Scout / Girl Scout tendencies.
- Isn’t really immersed in Social Media
- Watches/Listens to TED Talks rather than to cat videos on YouTube
- Shows up for school or work BEFORE the opening bell and leaves AFTER closing
- Looks for problems to solve /\ Is a “Difference Maker” /\ A ‘”Change Agent”
- Assists others with difficult tasks … is a TEAM PLAYER
- Seeks out guidance, inspiration and mentoring and provides such to “newbies”
- Refills the copier with paper when it’s low
- Takes a shopping cart INTO the grocery store from the parking lot when shopping
- Volunteers for community service projects
- Doesn’t know who Ted Lasso is … or Kim Kardashian
- Has more-than-ample Savings and Retirement Accounts, but very little “discretionary” money to burn
- Doesn’t invest in candy bars, Hostess Cakes, Ding Dongs or cryptocurrency … or tobacco, alcohol or drugs
- Dilutes his/her Diet Coke with water; “dilutes” ice cream with low-fat milk
- Exercises routinely and [mostly] eats healthy food
- Shops at Goodwill and the Habitat Restore
- Sings in a barbershop quartet and a church choir
- Supports humanitarian projects
- Is not a party to “Tribal” tenets
- Is not into seeing “how much you can get away with”
- Supports “sustainable living”
- Is always building enlifening RESILIENT RESERVE
“Nothing makes you feel GOOD
– or feel BETTER –
BETTER than doing something positive for someone ELSE.”
Personal Challenge: See how much “weirding” you can get away with!
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.”
“The Road Not Taken”